Tuesday 30 September 2014

D'Anthony's Banana Granola

This Granola is better than anything you'll find in the supermarket.  When he told me that he made it up himself I became intrigued.  Normally I can be a bit of a snob when it comes to granolas but I know that D.A. knows his way around the kitchen (no offence D.A.) but I wasn't expecting anything THAT good. Here's the recipe he gave me...

D'Anthony's Banana Granola

The color is off.
It should be more brown.

Dry ingredients...
14 cups of quick oats.
3 cups of wheat germ.
3 cups of coconut.
1 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds.
1 1/2 cup of sesame seeds.

Wet ingredients...
4 cups of brown sugar.
1 Tbsp. of salt.
1 Tbsp. of vanilla.
1 1/2 cup of water.
1 1/2 cup of oil.
4 ripe bananas.

  1. Preheat oven 250 degrees in a convection oven / 300 in a gas oven.
  2. Blend together the sugar,salt,vanilla,water & oil.
  3. Mix dry and wet ingredients together by hand.
  4. Mash & mix in the bananas.
  5. Bake 40-60 minutes.  (Don't forget to turn the granola every fifteen minutes or so for even browning.)
D'Anthony -  chef extraordinaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment