Sunday 8 January 2012

Veggie Turkey Seasoning

I tried this once on tofu patties.  It was good so I got the recipe.  The only reason I never make it is because I couldn't find the dang sweet pepper flakes.  
It was originally called "Chicken Seasoning" but I'm calling it "Veggie Turkey Seasoning" because it when it's fried of tofu patties if reminds me a lot of Worthington's turkey.
Veggie Turkey Seasoning
Ingredients:
  • 1 ½ cup of brewers yeast flakes
  • 1 Tbsp. of onion powder
  • ½ tsp. of celery seed ground
  • 2 tsp. of garlic powder
  • 1 Tbsp. of paprika
  • ½ tsp. of turmeric
  • 2 Tbsp, of brown sugar
  • 2 ½ tsp. of sweet pepper flakes
  • 4 tsp. of salt
  • 1 tsp of dried parsley
Blend it all together until fine.

For this seasoning I recommend freezing a cube of tofu until solid.  This will change the texture enabling thin slices.  Thaw the tofu and bread it in the seasoning & fry.  It's awesome as a sandwich meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment